A train journey in India’s vast railway network is more than just a commute; it’s an experience. The diverse and delectable array of food options available on trains is an important part of the experience. Whether you’re a vegetarian, a non-vegetarian, or follow a Jain diet, Indian Railways makes train travel a culinary adventure.
The Evolution of Railway Cuisine
Railway food has come a long way since the days of limited options and bland meals. Passengers can now enjoy a plethora of options that cater to a wide range of culinary preferences. Railway cuisine has evolved to reflect the changing tastes and preferences of the diverse population that travels on India’s vast rail network.
Indian Railways provides a diverse menu of regional and continental vegetarian dishes for vegetarian travellers. The vegetarian menu offers a satisfying journey for those who prefer a plant-based diet, with classic Indian curries like Paneer Butter Masala and Dal Makhani to South Indian favourites like Masala Dosa and Idli.
The non-vegetarian menu on trains is equally appealing to passengers’ carnivorous cravings. Chicken Biryani, Butter Chicken, and Fish Curry are just a few of the delectable non-vegetarian options. The railway catering service ensures that the non-vegetarian options are not only delicious, but also reflect the country’s rich culinary diversity.
Jain Food: A Culinary Harmony
With its emphasis on nonviolence and simplicity, Jainism has its own set of dietary guidelines. Indian Railways provides a dedicated Jain food menu in recognition of the special dietary needs of Jain passengers. This menu excludes root vegetables and other ingredients, allowing a Jain traveller to follow their dietary principles even while on the road.
The Ordering Process
With the advancement of technology, ordering food on trains has become a simple process. Passengers can browse the menu, place orders, and have their preferred meals delivered right to their seats using online platforms or mobile apps. This not only adds convenience, but also ensures that passengers receive their desired food without difficulty.
Quality and Hygiene Assurance
Indian Railways places a high value on maintaining quality and hygiene standards. The food served is subjected to stringent quality controls to ensure that it meets the highest standards. Passengers can enjoy their Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain food in train with confidence thanks to stringent hygiene practises, making their train journey not only comfortable but also safe from a culinary standpoint.
Regional Flavors on the Rails
The ability to savour regional specialties while on the move is one of the unique aspects of train travel in India. Each state has its own culinary treasures, which railway catering embraces. Passengers can embark on a culinary journey across India without leaving their seats, from Rajasthani Thali to Bengali Sweets.
Special Dietary Requirements
Indian Railways recognises the importance of catering to special dietary needs and accommodates requests for diabetic-friendly meals, gluten-free options, and more. Passengers who have special dietary needs can notify the catering service when placing their orders, ensuring a personalised and enjoyable dining experience.
Challenges and Innovations
While the railway catering system has made significant progress, it still faces some challenges. Timely delivery, food temperature control, and catering to a large number of passengers with diverse tastes are ongoing challenges. Continuous innovation, feedback mechanisms, and technology integration, on the other hand, are assisting in addressing these issues and ensuring a better dining experience for passengers.
How to Order Veg/ None-veg/ Jain Food in Train Online through Railofy?
Ordering Veg/ Non-veg/ Jain food in train through Railofy is a convenient process. Just follow these steps;
1. Download the Railofy app from either the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store.
2. Now, create an account. And log in.
3. Enter your train details, including the train number, PNR number, and journey date.
4. Select the station where you will have your food delivered.
5. Take a look at the list of restaurants and chains that offer Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain food in train options.
6. Select your desired food items. Add them to your cart.
7. Once you’re ready, click ‘Checkout’ and pick your payment method. You may opt for UPI, net banking, credit/debit card, or cash on delivery.
8. Sit back and relax! Your delicious Veg/ Non-Veg /Jain food in train will be delivered right to your train seat at the selected station.
You can also place your order via WhatsApp:
1. Save the Railofy WhatsApp Bot No. +91 7441111266 in your phone.
2. Send “Hi” to this number. Send your ticket PNR number and follow the instructions.
In a few simple steps, you can place your order through WhatsApp.
How is Railofy making ordering Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain food in train easier for Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain diet travellers?
- Across India, Railofy has paired up with loads of Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain restaurants to offer Veg/ Non-Veg/ Jain diet travellers a broad array of meal choices.
- Railofy makes finding Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain food in train options a breeze for Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain diet travellers with its exclusive Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain food in train section available on both the app and website.
- Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain diet travellers will be informed of their food’s delivery time through Railofy’s accurate order tracking system, granting them peace of mind.
- Railofy presents Veg/ Non-Veg/Jain diet travellers with the ability to cancel or modify their order at any time up to 30 minutes before estimated delivery.
- Railofy offers flexible cancellation and modification options for customers who desire freedom and comfortability.
The culinary offerings on Indian trains play an important role in enhancing the overall journey experience.
The Indian Railways catering service has something for everyone, whether you’re a vegetarian, a non-vegetarian, or follow a Jain diet. Passengers can expect even more delightful and diverse dining experiences on their train journeys as the railway culinary landscape evolves.
So, the next time you go on a train adventure, make sure to check out the culinary delights on the Indian Railways menu.