Operated by Indian Railways, Rajdhani Express trains are a group of fast passenger trains that connect the national capital, New Delhi, with other state capitals and other metro cities that are important from a business, tourism, or religious point of view. Since all these trains connect the national capital to other cities, it is named ‘Rajdhani’. Taken from Sanskrit, the word means ‘capital’.
Currently, there are 24 Rajdhani trains operating in India. Considering both to and from journeys, there are 48 Rajdhani trains connecting New Delhi to various important cities in India through railway tracks.
The Rajdhani Express connecting New Delhi to Jammu Tawi has the shortest route and travel time (582 km, about 9 hours), while the train connecting Hazrat Nizamuddin (a railway station in South Delhi) with Thiruvananthapuram (earlier called Trivandrum) has the longest route and travel time (3149 km, about 46 hours).
What makes Rajdhani trains different from others?
The Rajdhani trains are among the most premium trains and hence get the highest signal priority. These trains are provided with all the latest amenities. The cost of building one Rajdhani train works out to around Rs. 75 crores.
All Rajdhani trains are completely air-conditioned and well-maintained. These coaches are more spacious and luxurious. The passengers are allowed to carry more luggage. These trains run at a speed of 130–140 km/h.
The staff is well-trained and qualified. The passengers are served complimentary meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, evening tea, etc.) on their seats.
Because of their high speed, well-maintained coaches, and other amenities, Rajdhani trains are very popular among people.
To make the journey in Rajdhani trains more enjoyable, the ‘Entertainment on Demand’ facility has been introduced in Patna Rajdhani Express and Sampoorna Kranti Express on a trial basis. Depending on the response, the plan is to soon introduce this facility to all Rajdhani trains. Once this is on, the passengers will be able to watch movies and other entertainment programs by streaming on their devices.
Indian Railways already has more than 500 hours of content available that would entertain passengers with uninterrupted movies and programs. The best part is that passengers would not require any local internet connection or pay for or use their data to avail of this ‘Entertainment on Demand’ on-board service.
Food on board Rajdhani trains:
The Rajdhani train fare includes meals for passengers. This includes breakfast, lunch, evening tea, and dinner as per the time of the day.
While the Rajdhani trains offer meals on board, the passengers often have to compromise on what they eat. Some social websites have recorded complaints from customers regarding the quality of the food being served from the pantry. Often, pantry food has been found ‘unsatisfactory’ and ‘unhygienic’ by government-approved food safety and security organizations. For lack of options, the passengers have no option but to either carry food from home or rely on the panty food served in the train.
Rajdhani Express Food Menu
Looking at the different food preferences in different parts of the country, the exact menu varies a bit, though there is not much change on a regular basis. Of course, there are different menu options depending on whether you are going for a vegetarian meal or a non-vegetarian meal. The passengers travelling in 1AC or EC Class get additional choices and morning tea as well.
How can Railofy help you?
The above lines may have scared you, and you might be tempted to ask if there is any solution to this. The good news is that there is a solution: Railofy.
The Railofy mobile app is a one-stop-shop for all your train journey-related needs. So, if you want to book train tickets online, check the PNR status, or even track the live train status, Railofy is your go-to app for all such needs. But that’s not all; the Railofy mobile app allows you to even order food online from your favourite restaurants in that city. The food is then delivered directly to your train seat. So, now there is no need to compromise on taste and quality or control your desire to eat that specialty of the city. Railofy is here to change your travel experience.
Why order food online in Rajdhani trains?
While travelling on Rajdhani trains, passengers have to make a compromise between their health, taste, and convenience. While home-cooked food may be fresh and hygienic, carrying it may be a cumbersome experience.
The other option is to either order food from the pantry or buy food from some local vendors at the railway stations. While this food may satisfy your taste buds, it may not be good for your stomach and may lead to many diseases and infections, including stomach upset, vomiting, or even food poisoning.
There are several complaints from train passengers regarding the food being cold, stale, and not in good taste. All this would have been very depressing had Railofy not been there.
Order food online in Rajdhani trains through Railofy:
There were days when passengers travelling in Rajdhani Express trains were forced to be content with the lack of choices and quality meals. Now, with Railofy, you can satisfy your taste buds as well as take care of your health.
Railofy has tied up with all the major restaurants in major cities and towns in India. So, as your Rajdhani trains pass through these cities, you can savour the taste of your favourite dish at your seat. Certified by FSSAI, these restaurants ensure that you get enough pampering to enjoy your favourite dish ordered from the best restaurants in the city.
Why order food in Rajdhani trains through Railofy?
Given below are some reasons to choose Railofy for ordering food on Rajdhani trains:
- Convenience: We aim to give you a home-like food experience on Rajdhani trains. That’s why we deliver hot and fresh food to your seat so that you don’t have to run around the station in search of quality food. So, just place an order and let our prompt and efficient delivery boys do the rest as you relax and enjoy your train journey.
- Delicious and hygienic food made available onboard. We have a tie-up with the best of the best restaurants in all major cities and towns. The food is prepared, packed, and delivered in the most hygienic manner to ensure your safety and health. We follow strict quality controls to make sure that the food is not just tasty but healthy as well.
- Variety of food options to choose from: We believe in giving our customers menu options when it comes to ordering a meal. You may choose from any item from Chinese, South Indian, or North Indian cuisines, including biryanis, thalis, sweets, and beverages, among others. The extensive menu ensures that everyone has something to satisfy their taste buds.
- Affordable Prices: We aim to deliver top-quality service at a price that everyone can afford. Our extensive menu has food options that fit everyone’s pocket, making it easy for passengers to enjoy a hearty meal while travelling at a reasonable cost.
- Easy to Order: We have moved several steps ahead so that you don’t have to take too much effort to order food on the train. You may use the Railofy app or website or even call our helpline to order the food. Just give your journey details, choose a payment method, and just sit back as we deliver the food to your seat.
- Flexibility Unlimited: We believe in making our customers’ travel stress-free. That’s why we offer multiple payment options. You may pay online and make payment on delivery. What’s more, in case you have a change of mood or have made a wrong selection, you may visit the order page and cancel the order easily.
- Exciting Offers: In case you are placing a bulk order for more than 15 people, don’t forget to avail of our custom prices for bulk orders. And don’t be surprised if you get cashback on your order as well.
- Dedicated Customer Support: We have a team of customer support people who work round the clock to help customers with their queries and grievances, if any. They can be easily contacted through phone, email, or even live chat.
How do I order food on Rajdhani trains through Railofy?
Travelling by Rajdhani Express train and craving a meal that’s tasty and hygienic? Railofy has made ordering food online easier.
You may place an order via the mobile app, website, or even WhatsApp. So, just decide what you want to eat, make a few taps on your phone, and get ready to satisfy your taste buds. Want to know more? Please read on:
Placing an order through the Railofy mobile app or website:
- Download the Railofy mobile app from the Google Play Store or iOS app store. Or simply visit the Railofy website.
- Search by station, PNR number, or train number.
- You get a list of restaurants and various cuisines available in the chosen city.
- Choose your dish and the restaurant.
- Add the dish to the cart and proceed to checkout.
- Verify your PNR number, seat number, and contact details, like your email address and mobile number.
- Choose the mode of payment. You may use net banking, a debit/credit card, or cash-on-delivery.
- Relax and enjoy the journey while we prepare your meal to be delivered right to your train seat on your Rajdhani Express.
Placing an order on a phone call:
Customers may place their food order over the phone as well. To place the order, just follow the following steps:
- Give a call to the phone number, +91 9910424299.
- Tell our customer care executives what you would like to have today.
- Share your journey details, like the train name or number, PNR number, and station name.
- Just sit back while our team takes care of the rest. The payment can be made through Cash on Delivery.
Placing an order through WhatsApp:
- Save the Railofy WhatsApp Bot No. +91 7441111266 in your phone.
- Send “Hi” to this number. Send your ticket PNR number and follow the instructions.
- In a few simple steps, you can place your order through WhatsApp.